Sunday 16 January 2022

2022 - New World in Minecraft

 Here I am again, back for an annual dose of Minecraft fun. The first hurdle today was to make sure I was on the correct version of the game (1.17.1) as I had been automatically upgraded to 1.18. Then I found the EVO server and joined the 'fish fry' with the admin team and Dakota Redstone- it was so much easier with Discord on as Dak explained a lot of things as we went along. I realised that some of the players were a lot more experienced than me so I kept quiet and explored around on my own a bit on the EVO Mooc world. In the end I had to TP to Vance as I was hopelessly lost again - it always amazes me how quickly you can lose sight of familiar landmarks! Dak had told people to get a lot of carrots and trade them with a villager for a fishing rod. I couldn't find where the carrots were growing but found a lot of potatoes instead. I harvested them and then decided to plant them back again and I carried on exploring. Eventually I found a box with an enchanted fishing rod so I took one and feeling a bit fraudulent I began to fish. I just about remembered how to do it from a previous year. I caught a salmon, some cod and a puffer fish. I then found out how to fry them and ate the cooked ones - very satisfying. We had a group photo on the steps before we left there.

Dak then took us to a secret place that needed care where you walked or you might fall off. We went through a portal to another area where Dak has started to set up a village but has left it for others to manage. I thought that would be a bit daunting but wouldn't mind doing that as a project with other people. Time was about up then so we all dispersed although Dak was still on Discord and warned me that my microphone was still connected in case I didn't realise.

From there I thought I would explore my Individual worlds. I have one from 2020 and another from last year but both of them are version 1.18 so I decided to set up a new 2022 world in 1.17.1 so that I wouldn't have to keep changing version when going from Multiplayer to individual. I found myself in a nice wooded area and proceeded to punch down a lot of trees and make the logs into wood and the wood into planks. However I had spent too long on that and as night came I didn't have a shelter. It was moonlit though so I could walk around but I was killed about 6 times by zombies or skeletons and lost all my nice wood. 

When morning came I set to again quickly and got enough planks for 4 walls 2 blocks high with a couple of doors. I thought I might get killed but even without a roof I managed to survive the night. Next morning a wandering trader kept walking in to the house with his llamas. I tried to do a roof with steps but it was rubbish - I just wanted to quickly cover the roof. I had a crafting table and wanted to plant some wheat seeds so I made a hoe and did that. I left it as night fell, safe in my dark little hut! My plan next time is to neaten up the roof - perhaps make it in birch to contrast the colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 - New World in Minecraft

 Here I am again, back for an annual dose of Minecraft fun. The first hurdle today was to make sure I was on the correct version of the game...